Thursday, April 14, 2011

We Don't Swim with Our Clothes On??

  Three of my kids are in weekly swim lessons and so today we packed up and headed off. Thankfully the two youngest were kept by my cousin. She gave them a bath and everything (I am soooo glad I have such a big and giving family!)
    Wild Thing was up first and as our usual Thursday night car ride I spent most the time trying to bribe, threaten, and plead for Wild Thing to cooperate for just one lesson. (My time would have been better spent praying for patience.) As soon as we arrived Wild Thing ran ahead of us through the hall and bursted through the swimming pool door and jumped right into the hot tub-clothes and all!! I don't know what got into that child (maybe it was the peanut butter cookie that he drizzled jalapeno juice all over and ate for a snack before lessons)
Of course he came out of the water cheesin' and saying that he forgot he was supposed to take his clothes off!! Some day I am going to pull my hair out- literally. This occurrence set the mood for the rest of the lesson... I had to get in the water just to keep Wild Thing under control and basically had to teach him the lesson myself because he refused to go to the teacher. Instead of Wild Thing learning how to swim I think the lesson learned here was never for even a second trust a wild thing!! :)
    Darling and Tenderheart started their lessons next and all was going well. They swim a lot of laps so I decided to swim around with Wild Thing and spend some quality time in unstructured (and WAY more relaxing) ways. We were doing well until the other mommies decided to let their 4 and 5 year olds swim too, but they neglected to actually watch them! I became the life guard and play buddy for the next thirty minutes to all three. On what world do people do this? If it weren't for me I am quite certain at least one of them would have come close to drowning! In order to avoid being hung on anymore I decided to get out so that I could actually watch MY kids. It was much more calm and I got to talk to adults for a nice and much needed change of pace. After lessons were over we loaded up and headed home for some much anticipated pizza and for me much anticipated bedtime :)
    Well, we made it through another day without any major upsets or injuries which in my world is a great success!! :) Thank God that although I grow weary He doesn't and He is always there in my time of need and failure to lift me back up.

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:28-31)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!!