Saturday, April 23, 2011

Shop til ya Drop (or drop so ya don't have to shop)

Well it is no real surprise that I didn't get half as much done today as I had hoped. I did manage to sew Hoss' tie tee and to go shopping and get Sweet Cheeks and Tenderheart their Easter shorts and baseball pants. Darling got a few tanks from Old Navy also. Then we took on the monumentous task of grocery shopping for a family of nine. This job no joke. I have got it down to a science. First, you need a good list based upon recipes-shopping without a list equals lots of junk and no real cohesive meals. Next, start with the inside aisles and get all items that don't need to be refrigerated and be extremely organized with the items when you place them in the cart or you'll run out of room and only have half your stuff! (This has happened on more than one occasion and I had to have one of the kids push a separate cart which is not easy for them or for me to keep up with two carts and five kids) Then, move to the outside aisles collecting bread and cold items and finally I make one last trip around collecting any items you missed or couldn't find (this part is definitely optional based upon how exhausted you are!) When I have all the kids with me I put the three smallest kids in the cart until one by one they can't fit anymore-this is my signal that I am done with all I need or not :) 
Thank goodness that job is done and tomorrow no soccer because of rains so we will have egg coloring , nest making, and resurrection roll fun tomorrow! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!!