Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lazy Sunday

I had a really nice Sunday!! We went to Sunday School and church services and then came home and cooked to go to my aunt's house down the road for a BIG meal.  All of our company (which are also family) and all my family that lives on the loop (we live on a road around a pond we call the loop) which is my grandmother, brother and his family, my cousin and her family, and my aunt- joined us for potluck. We had a great meal packed with many many calories! I also got a chance to join my aunt and quilt and then we had an enjoyable time just sitting and visiting with them all. Sundays always seem to be relaxed and everyone can enjoy doing the simple things in life. For us the best part is hanging out with the family doing unstructured things... we hardly ever get time to do this otherwise. I am really blessed to have such a great family and to be able to see them as often as I do!!
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."  Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!!