Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Memory Lane

We have FINALLY decided to pull up the nasty carpeting in our kitchen and bathroom and put in carpet tiles that can be replaced as they get stained and that way we can still keep carpet (I for one think carpeting in a kitchen or a bathroom is CRAZY especially with five kids in the house, but it is my mom's house so...). The bathroom will at least have real tile next to the tub and toilet. The floor underneath brought back lots of memories. This is the floor that was put in when the house was built about 35 years ago by my grandpa and parents. I remember playing on it (and mopping it on my hands and knees) as a child. The paneling speaks for itself!! I cannot believe this was the style back then and that my parents have kept it this long!! I have to admit I will miss it though. I have become accustomed to the ugly green and yellow coloring and the house will not be the same without it. Just another step to my old house being modernized. It is exciting and sad all at the same time. Hopefully more changes to come soon to this old house.
removing carpet from kitchen
my dad in on the action
Wild Thing loved working with tools
this is our old floor and paneling... cute right! lol

Tenderheart removing staples for us
the bathroom getting the same treatment

And you shall rejoice in all the good that the Lord your God has given to you and to your house, you, and the Levite, and the sojourner who is among you.  Deuteronomy 26:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!!