Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rag Dolls and Fuzz

   Our dear little rabbit named Fuzzy was lost overnight in the woods!! :( The neighbors dog (I really dislike this dog) snuck into the garage and knocked the cage over and scared the rabbit around the garage, through the yard, and into the woods nearby. We went out and looked for her throughout the day but the brush was so high it was impossible to see her. Plus I was afraid of snakes and ticks!! We were very pleased to see this morning she had survived the night and was safe in her little cage. I think I care about the animals more than the kids - I couldn't sleep worrying about the poor thing and the kids all slept like babies. 
Now I am goin' to attempt my very first rag doll. I got the pattern here:
http://missgioia.com/2007/06/rag-doll-tutorial.html
I will post pics of mine. I am making it not for my daughter but for my three year old son!! hehe. He has been talking about Jesus all the time and how he can walk on the water and playing with Darling's dolls (mostly girls) pretending they are Jesus. This comes from one of the Bible movies I bought them for Easter (LOVE them!!). So I thought I would attempt to make him a Jesus since there doesn't seem to be much of a market out there to buy a good one. Wish me luck! The one good thing about it is that he has a great imagination so he will like it no matter what it looks like!! :)

Who is like You among the gods, O LORD? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders? Exodus 15:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!!