Friday, July 15, 2011

Daddy Day

My wonderful dad is 68 today!! Wow, I can't believe it, he doesn't seem even close to that age! Thankfully he has always worked hard and I believe that this busy lifestyle has helped keep him healthy. He has never been one to just sit on the couch. He has been retired for a few years now but is still just as busy helping run the farm and working a little for my uncle's construction business. We are in the middle of building a new church and they work there most days. He has fought prostrate cancer and won, has suffered broken arms and legs falling off a semi at work, and has come through many obstacles life throws you. He is the greatest dad on Earth... I know you have heard this before but it is really true with my dad. He has always sacrificed himself for us, he puts up with all seven of us living with him (which takes a saint!), and he never complains (or kicks us out).  When I was a  kid he always went to all my games and supported me in whatever I was doing at the time. He is a dad of seven, six girls and one boy, and a grandfather of 21 (5 of them named after him) and all of us love him dearly!! Happy Birthday, Dad!!! We love you!!

His Legacy- kids and grandkids
playing with granddaughter
opening his present



My Dad wearing my nieces hat and sunglasses lol He has always been a jokester
Dad and my brother at Christmas

And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.” [Malachi 4:6 ESV]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!!