Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Be Fruitful and Multiply

As you can probably guess I am from a huge family. I am one of seven kids and my parents each came from large families. My mom had five siblings and my dad had ten. As of right now I have twenty-one nieces and nephews with one on the way. Plus my parents have just had their first great-grandchild. My uncle who we always kid we are in competition with has twenty-four grandchildren. The family joke has always been if you don't know of anyone that's pregnant in the family it is just because they haven't told yet! Right now we have four expecting (and one that just had a miscarriage :(  ) We are a fertile bunch or as some have told us "a horny bunch" lol. I am glad that I am not the pregnant one this time around! I have horrible pregnancies and it greatly irritates me to hear people saying how great they feel while pregnant... all I do is throw-up and feel like throwing-up for nine months. I will take as many babies as God would give me, but just would like to skip the pregnancy part. So although happy it isn't me I congratulate all of those that are expecting and can't wait to see and hold the little bundles of joy! One thing our family is really really good at is making cute kids ;)
"And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living animal that moveth upon the earth." Genesis 1:28
"And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth" Genesis 9:1
"As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it. " Genesis 9:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!!