Monday, March 12, 2012

3 months Craniosynostosis Post Op (2nd surgery)

Mommy and MeWell it has been 3 months since lil Sweet Cheeks had his last and hopefully final surgery on Nov. 30, 2011. Thank God all has been well. We just took the 3 hour journey to St. Louis to the children's hospital for his 3 month post op check-up. We love this hospital and our doctor so that makes the trips much more bearable! Sweet Cheeks is a great little travel companion too. He is often times sleeping or singing :) Once we got in to see the doctor he said everything is healing well. Praise God! His plates and screw are dissolving like they are supposed to, but he also said that Sweet Cheeks has a "stubborn brain" lol. I must admit that this runs in our family. His head has always had the tendency to grow out the front and back more than the sides which made his head look very oblong. I used to refer to it as aerodynamic. Although he has had two surgeries to open up the sides (by creating spaces in the bone and allowing it to regrow to fill them in)  his brain still wants to grow the same directions. Soooo, I am really really hoping and praying that since he isn't growing as quickly now that it won't affect him as much and we will not have to go through a third surgery. He is still as cute as a little bug and makes me smile many times every day!! I have included some updated pictures of his progress. :) Until next time - count your blessings and remember we are only here on this Earth for a sliver of time and soon we will all fly away from all of our troubles an burdens to become heavenly creatures!!


The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away.Psalm 90:10

always smilin' :) My temples are still indented though :(
lookin good from the back
I don't think most people would even notice...I hope not anyway
not aerodynamic like it used to be...can't even see scar from the top
you can see the back is starting to grow out again and my flat little forehead that is also starting to grow out again. You can also see the weird way my hair grows now, but not bad and I think it will get better as he grows.

 
left side can't really see scar

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!!